Tuesday 28 February 2012

Layers

I took Taylen to the psychologist today and she said "I don't know how you do it". I just said "I'm ok" and kept talking about Tay. It did get me thinking on the way home though about how people must see me. I think there a lot of smaller issues that make my situation look tough. For instance-

Layer 1- I have 4 children
Layer 2- included in those children are a 1 year old and a 2 year old.
Layer 3- I suspect my youngest is heading for an Aspergers diagnosis. I spend a lot of time worrying about him. Noah is extremely clingy, he has a lot of anxiety and I can't put him down for 2 minutes without him screaming and shouting "up". He is also quite rough and bites and gouges when he's cross.
Layer 4- My 3 eldest children all have Aspegers syndrome and eldest son has ADHD as well.
Layer 5- My Husband has Aspergers and ADHD- taking away some of the necessary support I need from the second parent and additionally adding his own set of problems to the mix.

That looks pretty bad but there are people in the world with real problems. There are many people in the world that I wouldn't trade places with. Parents who have a child with cancer, said child battling cancer, wives being beaten daily, parent mourning loss of child- no trade.
I am tired and I do sometimes wonder what people do who don't have all these layers. They might actually have a life. Actually even if they do- no trade. I wouldn't swap my kids for anything. I've learnt a lot from my kids. I have so much more patience these days. I appreciate people's differences and I'm less judgmental. I think I'm doing alright. But if anyone wants to fly me to Paris for a week- I'M IN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment