Wednesday 22 February 2012

A typical day...

Another day of chaos...


Chloe (almost 10) was home sick from school AND..


Taylen's (almost 6) school shorts went missing and he had to go to school out of uniform. Of course walking in late in the wrong clothes was just too much for him and the teacher practically had to pry him off my leg so i could leave AND..


Sebastian (2.5) had a really "autistic" day. He was SUPER controlling, micro-managing every little aspect of his day down to what plate and spoon he used to what t-shirt he wore. After the 50th or so melt down for the morning he decided that he could no longer function unless every single light was turned on despite it being a perfectly bright and sunny day. Every time i turned even one light off he would drop to his knees and scream as though his world was crashing down around him. I just gave up in the end.


Noah (16 months) was his usual clingy self. "Up" is his favourite word and he constantly cuts me off when i'm walking, wraps his arms around my legs and refuses to budge until he's perched on my hip. He has this new funny trick where he scrunches the bottom of my top up and blows raspberries on my stomach. I try to stop him but he is so determined and is so proud of himself when he gets in a good one. Of course it doesn't help that his 3 siblings laugh and cheer him on.


Oh well, I now have 4 sleeping little people and I'm looking back on my day with a smile. I find that I often feel amused when I think about my children's antics that people would consider frustrating or difficult but they really are funny little creatures- my Aspie babies.


1 comment:

  1. I love the way you describe the children's actions - it feels like I'm there right alongside you!

    ReplyDelete